Thursday, February 4, 2016

Happy New Year and may 2016 bring the best to all of you reading this!
I will keep things relatively light since it is New Year’s and I am sure some of you are recovering from last evening’s festivities while others prepare for a traditional New Years dinner. Some of you are facing both. I wish you the best in your efforts to survive eating sauerkraut while hungover.
I don’t know what 2016 will hold for myself or for any of you reading this. I do know that I have resolved to try to use this blog to provide people with some of the information and support that they need when facing family court itself or the relationship problems that can bring one to its doorsteps.
Please note, I cannot provide legal advice to individuals through this page. However, I do want to make sure that I am providing people the information that they find useful or helpful in their lives. To that end, I happily invite any of you to provide some suggestions for posts or questions that could be covered as a topic for a post. For example:
How do we divide property in Pennsylvania? (Equitably.)
Does anyone still pay alimony anymore? (Yes.)
Do we have to share custody? (More likely than not.)
I am hopeful that I may be able to use this blog to provide the current law of Pennsylvania as well as some procedural information and overall insights.
All of these issues can be very difficult to discuss and to understand. It is often hard to figure out what steps to take and how to move forward with faced with them. I think the best thing that can be done is to provide people with greater information. This not only lets them know what is going on, this knowledge can provide a bit of comfort to those facing a cold and often confusing court system.
If you find yourself on the receiving end of a Custody, Divorce or Support Complaint it can be terrifying and make you feel like youhave lost control of your life. While there is some truth to that, you do have control over how you handle these circumstances and how you move forward. Even if the decision for a divorce or separation is not yours, you do still have the power to assert control in it and to have yourself represented in the best way possible.
While divorce changes every aspect of your life, those changes don’t have to be only negative. You have the power to reshape your path moving forward in the best way possible for you.
Hopefully for those of you reading this will not have to experience any of these drastic changes in 2016, but I must remind you:
While the New Year may not bring you the best, you can always make the best of whatever it brings.
Happy New Year!
PS.. if you enjoyed reading this or any of my other posts, please remember to like and share my page. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment